The Full Moon on August 1 2012
This week in Astrology
This week’s highlight is the full moon on August 1st which is also a cross quarter day, the half-way point between the summer solstice and the fall equinox. This day in Celtic tradition was a day to celebrate the wheat harvest. For many of us in the western world (northof the equator) we are in full summer vacation mode.
The full moon on August 1st has almost all of the planets in air and fire signs. This is a yang vibration of doing and activity. Only 2 planets are in the yin quality, Neptune in Pisces, who is settled into the dreamy water sign for years to come and Pluto in Capricorn making its several year sojourn. Even with Mercury retrograde the essence is about doing and action. However as Mercury retrograde is currently connected to Neptune by quincunx, our thoughts of action may need a little adjustment to manifest the way we envision them.
There is an interesting and unique configuration between the Sun, Saturn and Pluto with quintiles between Saturn and Pluto and the Sun and Saturn.
Quintiles are characteristic of the spirituality and potential for the growth of individual and collective good.
The Sabian Symbol (original; Marc Edmond Jones) for the Sun is “Children on a swing in a huge oak tree” The keyword being delight and represents a zest for every phase of living. The Sabian Symbol for the Moon is “Man in a private “tete a tete” conversation with his inspiration. The keyword is Ecstasy, enthusiastic idealism and tireless desire to serve others.
Jupiter is conjunct the fixed star Alderbaran, one of the four royal stars of Persia influencing the chart with honesty and integrity. Saturn is conjunct Spica, a positive influence traditionally associated with success. Moving forward in your life with integrity, honesty, purity in heart and mind with your desires and intentions to uplift your life then success is granted.
As we are in the world transit of the Uranus Pluto square (2012- 2015) no interpretation is complete without taking a look at how the Full Moon is connected to this major influence. The Sun is trine Uranus and quincunx Pluto, the moon is sextile Uranus and semi sextile Pluto- In essence this full moon has a connection with the world transit yet in a context that takes more effort to understand.
The message of this full moon is to step into the child like innocence of appreciation of life with an old souls wisdom in contemplating the meaning of existence.
Full Moon Horoscope- Quick Guide
1) Get in touch with the sweet and wise innocence of child like wonder.
2) Spend a few moments alone, listening to higher wisdom.
3) Imagine what the world needs to be a better place, then see what it is that you can do personally to deliver that quality.
4) Make a list where you have not done something or said something because your pride or ego got in the way, big or small, and take an emotional risk. (can be as big as not talking to someone or as little as not wanting to dance b/c you don’t want to look bad)
5) Dream big; there are plenty of opportunities and reasons to get discouraged or to think small, now is not the time to let potential obstacles limit desires.
6) Remember friendship; reach out to a friend
7) Build connections, you never know what can happen and how a connection made now can be cherished in the future.
More tidbits for this week:
The week begins with the moon in Capricorn, which is suggesting work now so you can play later.
Wednesday and Thursday the moon will be in Aquarius, perfect time to break out of a routine and try something unique and unusual. Friday the moon shifts into Pisces promising a weekend of play and drama.
Where ever your path leads you this week may it be filled with laughter, joy, love and light.
learn astrology with astrology blog